Sunday, January 4, 2009

I got the job!!!


Starting tomorrow, I will be teaching at Burnet Middle School! I'm nervous, but excited to start my new position. I'll be teaching 7th grade English and this will be the first time I've taught a "real" subject (meaning not an elective).

BMS is the the middle school Peter went to and some of his teachers are still there! And some of the teachers are people he went to school with which is pretty funny.

I'm sad to leave my kiddos and my fellow teachers in Austin, but I'm sooooo not sad to leave the drive behind. Nelly, my sister-in-law, and I figured out yesterday that I have 5K more miles than she does on my car and her car is FIVE years older. Urgh!



For the next two weeks I'll be in the classroom with my friend Bonnie who just happens to be the long-term substitute who's been covering the class since the former teacher left. So, it's good because it'll ease me (and the kiddos) into the job.

I'm also teaching one class of 8th grade yearbook, so that's exciting! I've heard the girls are drama queens, but what girl isn't at age 14?

Wish me luck! Goooo Bulldogs!

3 comments:

the Sebring's said...

Good luck....you will do great!

The Bigham Family said...

I hope you are having fun! You are a wonderful talented teacher being able to work with middle school kids. I could never have the patience to work with that age! When I had that group at all of our volleyball camps, it was a nightmare!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Yearbook was my favorite! I am sure you'll have a lot of fun- kid drama is at the least, a little entertaining!
I'm glad to run accross your blog- your cat looks so cute!